Oklahoma City VA Health Care System
The Oklahoma City VA Health Care System's pharmacy processes more than 1,500,000 prescriptions annually. Many of these prescriptions are filled by the Central Mailout Pharmacy (CMOP). Prescriptions may be refilled by phone or online.
Co-Payment Changes (effective February 27, 2017)
A new regulation establishes three classes of outpatient medications identified as Tier 1, Preferred Generics; Tier 2, Non-Preferred Generics including over-the-counter medications; and Tier 3, Brand Name. Copayment amounts for each tier will be fixed and vary depending upon the class of outpatient medication in the tier.
These copayment amounts will be effective February 27, 2017:
$5 for a 30-day or less supply - Tier 1 outpatient medication
$8 for a 30-day or less supply - Tier 2 outpatient medication
$11 for a 30-day or less supply - Tier 3 outpatient medication
These changes apply to Veterans without a service-connected condition, or Veterans with a disability rated less than 50 percent who are receiving outpatient treatment for a non-service connected condition, and whose annual income exceeds the limit set by law. Medication copayments do not apply to former Prisoners of War, catastrophically disabled Veterans, or those covered by other exceptions as set by law.
Copayments stop each calendar year for Veterans in Priority Groups 2-8 once a $700 cap is reached.
Refill a VA Prescription
Before you order a refill:
1. Make sure you have refills left. The refill numbers are on the top right of the label that is on your prescription bottle, box or container.
Example: “1 of 3” means this is your FIRST refill, and 2 refills remain;
“2 of 3” means this is your SECOND refill, and 1 refill remains.
“3 of 3” means this is your THIRD refill, and you have 0 refills left
2. Make sure your prescription is NOT over a year old. Other rules may not let you order a refill. Ask your pharmacy staff member if you are not sure!
3. Have your prescription number(s) and full social security number (SSN) ready.
Ways to Refill Your VA Prescription
1. Order refills online at www.myhealth.va.gov. (This is the fastest way to order refills.)
2. Order by phone by calling 1-800-694-8387 or 456-1610 for local calls.
3. Order by mail.
a. Use the address label and refill slip provided with your prescription. The refill slip has the BARCODE on it.
b. If you cannot find your refill slip with the BARCODE markings: clearly print on a blank piece of paper your Name + Social Security Number + Prescription(s) number.
c. Mail this information to: Pharmacy Service (119), Oklahoma City VA Health Care System, 921 N.E. 13th Street, Oklahoma City, OK 73104-5028
4. Order using the drop box located in front of the Pharmacy on the Ground Floor. Place your refill slip or paper in this box. We check the drop box daily.
Important: Order early! You should not run out of your medication if you order your refill(s) AT LEAST 14 DAYS before you run out!
Please visit My HealtheVet for information about any prescription you may be taking.
921 NE 13th Street
Oklahoma City, OK 73104
Outpatient Pharmacy, Ground Floor, Room GE104
Hours of Operation
- Mon-Fri 8:00am-8:30pm Outpatient Pharmacy