Oklahoma City VA Health Care System
Work Status for Employees
As of Wednesday, February 20, 2019 11:15 AM CST
Director statement regarding reporting for duty:
February 20, 2019: The Oklahoma City VA Health Care System and all of our associated clinics (Ada, Altus, Ardmore, Blackwell, Enid, Lawton, North May, South OKC, Stillwater and Wichita Falls) are operating under normal conditions.
For weather/emergency situations, the latest information about the main hospital and all of our community based clinics can be found in these locations:
1. Our website: www.oklahoma.va.gov. Look for the Operating Status tab on the left hand side of the homepage. This will take you to a page with the current operating status of all clinics. There is another link on the right side that says "Work Status for Employees" that will provide more detailed information for employees.
2. Email Updates: Visit our website and sign up for email updates on the right hand side of the website. As soon as the current operating status webpage is updated, you will automatically recieve an email.
3. Facebook: www.facebook.com/VAOklahomaCity We post the same information from our emergency response webpage onto our social media accounts.
4. Twitter: www.twitter.com/VAOklahomaCity We post the same information from our emergency response webpage onto our social media accounts.
5. Instagram: www.instagram.com/VAOklahomaCity We post the same information from our emergency response webpage onto our social media accounts.
6. (405) 456-8888: Employees and patients can call into this phone number. The message will provide the same information we post on our emergency response webpage.
Employees are encouraged to become familiar with the Inclement Weather Policy that can be accessed from a VA computer by visiting the SharePoint (look for Memos, Policies & Procedures on the left hand side ---> Oklahoma City Center Memorandums ---> 05 Human Resources ---> CM 05-06). You should also be in contact with your supervisor.
During a VA-declared emergency:
VA Employees should return to this page for updates. For more information about this emergency, go to our main Emergency Information page.