Oklahoma City VA Health Care System
Jobs & Careers
By working for the largest, most technologically advanced integrated health care system in the Nation, you’ll have access to a wider range of opportunities and leadership positions at your fingertips.
Looking for information about employee salaries and benefits? A description of employee benefits is available on the US Office of Personnel Management Employment and Benefits page. Please note that benefits may differ for professional clinical occupations including physicians and registered nurses.
• Salaries (Oklahoma City Locality Pay Table)
• Federal Employee Benefits
• Job Benefits for VA Employees
• Federal Employee Retirement Information
There has never been a better time to explore your career potential. Caring for our nation's Veterans has been a promise worth keeping for the Department of Veterans Affairs. At the Oklahoma City VA Health Care System, it is also our mission to support the education and advancement of our nurses, whom inspire us all with their own acts of heroism. Just as we are dedicated to caring for America's heroes, we are equally committed to meeting the needs of our valued nurses. This commitment is demonstrated in many ways, but perhaps most tangibly in the range of federal employee benefits we offer.We regard our Nurses as heroes, too. They serve our Nation by caring for the Veterans who have risked their lives to protect our freedom. We are inspired by their compassion and passion for nursing. We support their education and advancement and provide the technology and tools they need to perform at the highest level.
The Oklahoma City VA Health Care System and the University of Oklahoma, College of Nursing (OUCN) established an academic partnership in 2007 known as the VA Nursing Academy (VANA). This partnership was funded by the VA Office of Academic Affiliations (OAA). The partnership was initiated to facilitate stronger and mutually beneficial partnerships between VA’s and Schools of Nursing (SON) and is now known as the VA Nursing Academic Partnership (VANAP) program. Learn more about our VA Nursing Academic Partnerships.
If you are a nursing professional interested in working for the Oklahoma City VAHCS, please contact our Nurse Recruiter at (405) 456-5156.
Post-Graduate Training Opportunities in Pharmacy
The Oklahoma City VAHCS Pharmacy Service is committed to providing exceptional post-graduate training opportunities to interested graduates of accredited pharmacy programs. Learn more about our training opportunities in pharmacy.
Professional Training Programs
We hope that your clinical experience at the Oklahoma City VA Health Care System provides you with a variety of valuable learning experiences. It is our goal to assist you with your learning needs and to provide a positive learning environment for you while you are here. Learn more about our professional training programs.
New Employee Paperwork
If you have recently accepted a job with us, congratulations! In order to streamline your orientation process, there are several forms for you to complete in advance. Please select the appropriate package listed below.
• Be sure to print off all forms and bring all documents with you the first day of employment. These papers must be completed upon arrival for new employee orientation.
• If you do not have access to a printer, you may stop by our Human Resources (HR) Office to use one of our computers OR you may pick up a packet from the HR front desk during our business hours (8:00am to 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday).
• Remember to bring two forms of ID. These will be used to obtain your employee ID badge (i.e. PIV Card). Some examples of accepted IDs are driver’s license, state issued ID card, passport and social security cards.
• If you will be driving to work and parking in our VA employee parking lot, please bring your driver's license, your license plate number and a copy of your insurance verification. This information is required in order to receive car decals for parking in the VA employee parking lots. Car decals will be issued the first day of new employee orientation.
If you have any questions or problems filling out the forms, please call (405) 456-5127.
Forms to complete prior to your first day of employment:
I’m new to the federal government
I’m transferring from another VA
I’m transferring from another federal agency
Visit HR to view our announcements, complete any necessary materials, and submit your application package.
Human Resources & Development Department
OU Garrison Tower, 2nd Floor, Suite 2200 (Garrison Tower is located directly south of the VA Medical Center on 13th Street)
Phone: (405) 456-5127
Fax: (405) 456-5943
Hours: Monday-Friday, 8am-4:30pm (excluding federal holidays)
VA Job Applications and Forms
Application instructions specific to each job posting can be found at the end of the announcement. Some positions require you to apply online, while others require that you submit a paper application directly to each VA facility where you desire employment.
VA has several different application forms based on your occupation type. Look in the table below to find the correct application for your occupation, as well as additional required forms.
Responding to a Job Announcement
Be sure to follow the application instructions given in the job announcement. They are your primary guide for responding to a posted opening. Here are additional reminders for submitting an application:
- Please send your signed, completed application and any other required forms to the Organization Contact at the Organization Address, both of which are listed at the end of the job announcement.
- Write the Announcement Number, also listed at the end of the job announcement, on your application.
- Keep a copy of the entire application package for your records.
The documents below are in PDF format. You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view them. Acrobat Reader software can be downloaded for free.
|Form Number||Form Description|
|Download 10-2850||Application for Physicians, Dentists, Podiatrists, Optometrists, and Chiropractors|
|Download 10-2850A||Application for Advanced Practice Nurse, Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist, Nurse Practitioner, and Registered Nurse|
|Download 10-2850C||Application for Associated Health Occupations|
|Download 10-2850D||Application for Health Professions Trainees|
|Download OF-306||Declaration for Federal Employment form|
|Download OPM Form 1203 FX||Qualifications and Availability Form C and Occupational Questionnaire|
|Download SF 15||Application for 10-point Veterans Preference|
|Download US Application
|Use this cover page when faxing application materials for jobs posted by a Delegated Examining Unit, or in other limited cases when instructions indicate a fax will be accepted.|